• What information we may collect about you;
• How we will use information we collect about you;
• When we may use your details to contact you;
• Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
• Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Coventry Physiofirst is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
From time to time we may direct you to other websites to get more information or to purchase products. These websites are subject to their own policies which we urge you to read.
2. Who are we?
Coventry Physiofirst Centre is a privately operated physiotherapy clinic. The company provides physiotherapy services to clients who refer themselves, or who are referred by outside entities, such as Consultants, GP’s, Occupational Health personnel or Solicitors. We also provide physiotherapy services for some insurance companies. The main office is 172 Ansty Road, Wyken, Coventry CV2 3EX but some patients are seen at Platform Physio, The Stables, Old Milverton. Leamington Spa CV32 6SA.
3. What information will the Coventry Physiofirst Centre collect about me?
When you make an enquiry by telephone we will make a note of your name, telephone number and some basic details about your reason for calling so that we can match you up with the most appropriate service to meet your needs. On occasion we may need to call you back to confirm an appointment etc. When you register for treatment we ask you to fill out a more detailed form with your date of birth, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, Doctors name and number etc. This is all to facilitate communication either with you, if we need to forward something to you, or your doctor, if we need to write a letter to them, or your insurance company if we need to forward accounts to them. This information is only used in connection with your treatment at Coventry Physiofirst Centre and is not sold to any marketing companies.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13, we may process limited personal data about you so you can give consent for the child to access our services. We may use your contact details to communicate with you about the child.
4. How will the Coventry Physiofirst Centre use the information it collects about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide information about our services;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact periodically to check our data is up to date;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Coventry Physiofirst Centre. This can include using geo-demographic information;
- Where Coventry Physiofirst Centre proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
5. Your Personal Details and data sharing
It may be necessary to share part of your personal information (e.g. Address and date of birth) for example, if we refer you to another organisation such as a company that provides medical scans. We will only share what we need to in order to provide the service you need – we will never routinely share all of the data we each hold about you.
6. When will Coventry Physiofirst contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service or activity that you or your under-13-year-old child have signed up for, (e.g. treatment, or classes when we run them) in order to ensure that we can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email or phone details or to notify you of changes in our details or permissions);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services;
- Rarely to invite you to participate in surveys about the Coventry Physiofirst’s services (participation is always voluntary);
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Coventry Physiofirst will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this. This will only be to inform you of our services or promotional offers we are making.
8. Will Coventry Physiofirst share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Coventry Physiofirst except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (e.g. to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on Social Media (e.g. Facebook)
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to our Facebook pages or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our services, we may remove such content and if we reasonably believe you are in breach of any applicable laws and refer to the law enforcement agencies.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us.
11. How long will the Coventry Physiofirst keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our computer systems indefinitely, unless you request removal although we mark the file as dormant on your discharge. This is for your convenience as often clients return for treatment and this saves having to re-register. The computer system is password protected and accessible only to current employees of Coventry Physiofirst Centre. Personal Data is not stored on Company laptops, but some emails maybe. This too is password protected under Apple’s security system making it possible to remotely lock or even erase the computer data remotely.
At the time of writing, we are obliged to keep paper records for 8 years . These are stored in locked filing cabinets until they are destroyed by shredding. For minors, notes are kept until their 25th birthday, or eight years after their last logged contact if longer.
12. Can I delete my data?
You can always have your data deleted or request amendments that are incorrect. It must be acknowledged that a medical opinion is not subject to changes and data cannot be destroyed where there is a legal or legitimate reason to preserve it. Requests can be made in person at appointment times or by email or mail afterwards. Our response will be written also explaining the process that has taken place, or if there are justifiable reasons why not, to explain them.
13. Can I find out what personal data and notes the Coventry Physiofirst have for me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of your personal information. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
To Supply notes we will need two forms of identification, which can be: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill or bank statement (from last 3 months), vehicle registration document or rent book.
14. Web browser cookies
At the time of writing we have no cookies in place. If this changes you will be notified via a ‘pop up’ when you log into the website and given the option to sign up for them or not. A cookies policy will be posted on our website if this development occurs.
Mrs E Lane
Coventry Physiofirst Centre
172 Ansty Road
Or email to email@example.com